My bridal shower with my friends is set for June 23. I am so excited. My friends A & G are hosting it. A said she’s doing the decorations, invitations, and cake. While G will be in charge of food and regular beverages. Everyone will be pitching in for alcohol. A is making her famous jello shooters. So now I have to make a list of things I do not have, things I especially want, what my favorite things are, etc…
Plus make sure I have addresses for those that aren’t on FB.
So what does one do at a lingerie bridal shower? I love the theme…Romance. I have a feeling one of my friends will end up having one of those Romance party’s host’s come out (you know the ones…Adult stuff…).
I guess the norm used to be for the wedding party/family members/etc to throw the bride a surprise bridal shower, but who has time for surprises? I don’t. Not that I don’t like them, I do, but I don’t have the time for all of that. My family is huge and there will be a family bridal shower, and my daughter’s baby shower is June 2, and she is due July 15, so there is no way that I’ll have time for any of this stuff in July.
List of things I love:
- Candles (almost any scent)
- Silk (panties, night gowns, slips, dresses, shirts, pj’s, scarves…)
- Chocolate (my fav is dark chocolate but I truly like all of them)
- Kahlua (I love a white russian…YUM YUM) chocolates
- Matching bras and panties (actually thongs, since I don’t wear regular panties much)
- Body wash and lotion
- Soft, clean, freshly washed sheets
- Down comforters
- Bath & Body Work’s Stress Relief stuff
- A PROFESSIONAL massage (never had one but would absolutely love to)
- A manicure and pedicure
- New makeup
- High heels (I love some strappy sandals)
- A new LBD (little black dress) or a LRD (little red dress)
- Wine (I don’t, however, like dry wines)
- Wife beater’s and boxer shorts
- Fluffy, soft bathrobe
- Soft, fluffy bedroom slippers
Okay, that pretty much covers it; in all different price ranges. (I was told to make a list…LOL!)
And I’m supposed to come up with some facts about my “courtship” with Mr. Rockstar, as well what he thinks is romantic/sexy…Hmmm!!! That won’t take long…LOL!
What David thinks is sexy? ME! He likes me in boxers and a tank top, in pj’s, in garters, in my birthday suit, dressed up, dressed down, in my I just woke up and my hair is everywhere look…
What David thinks is romantic? Dinner over candlelight, dressing up and going out to dinner, a picnic, a massage, slow dancing…
What I think is sexy? When David sings to me, just me…
What I think is romantic? Same as David’s list, but you could add candle light, jazz music, holding hands, a random kiss…
This bridal shower should be interesting, to say the least. No cheesy stuff though. I don’t want phallic stuff, they’ll do enough of that at my bachelorette party. So I’m off to create the rest of my guest list for this shin-dig.