Daily Prompt: Impossibility What are the six impossible things you believe in? (If you can only manage one or two, that’s also okay.)
I’m not sure of where it came from but I grew up with the notion that all things are possible, though a few things might be improbable. My dad’s favorite saying was, “There’s no such thing as can’t. You either will or you won’t. You either do or you don’t.” And he instilled that in me and my brother, and my two children. If you say the word “can’t” around him he’s going to tell you that there’s no such thing, and we all have that same mentality. My nephews have gotten it some, especially my oldest nephew Jacob. We all tend to take the word “can’t” as a dare.
So when the prompt came up I automatically began thinking about all the things I thought would never happen, that were impossible or even improbable, and the things I still sort of view of as impossible. Now I could list the things that seemed impossible or I was told were impossible and I actually accomplished, but that’s not what this prompt is about–it’s about the six things I believe in that seem impossible. I don’t think that there is much that is impossible but for the sake of the prompt I’ll try my hardest to come up with six things.
- Ghosts: I believe in ghosts. Our house is haunted by Mr. Rockstar’s uncle. And I grew up with ghosts: My daddy’s ghost haunted the house I grew up in. And my grandparents lived in a townhouse in downtown Charleston, SC that was haunted by at least 3-4 ghosts. I had tea party’s with them.
- Reincarnation: I believe in it. (That’s a subject for a whole new post, oh wait I think I wrote one already. I’ll have to check.)
- I’ll finish my novel, and another one, and I’ll eventually have at least one published. Have a book signing, and the whole nine yards. Though it’s unlikely I’ll be the next Stephen King, James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks, Vonnegut, or C.S. Lewis, but my name will be out there.
- My daughter will eventually get into her art again and begin selling her artwork. Or at the very least she’ll put her talent to good use.
- I believe in karma and that what comes around goes around. Eventually all the good that I do, that Mr. Rockstar does, will come back and everything around us will quit breaking (at almost the same time or back to back.). (And those whose Karma hasn’t hit yet, the Karma bus will eventually find…)
- That I will lose the 30-40 lbs the Dr suggested, and that the surgery (whenever I finally do have it) will take care of this pain I’m in constantly (and the tumors are benign) and I’ll healthy and happy with my new self–after all, I’ll be fit, healthy, tumorless, and rocking the 40 something’s.)
I could actually have listed a few more like World Peace, seeing the good in others, the New Star Wars agenda, that they’ll bring back Bobby on Supernatural, that the next Dresden Files book will be equally awesome, that I’ll finally get over my writer’s block in regards to my novel…. Oh my list goes on and on. LOL!
- Daily Prompt: Nothing Is Impossible, If You Ask Me (creativemysteries.net)
- Six Impossible Things (cloakedmonk.com)
- Impossible vs. Possible (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- Inconceivable! (grandmalin.wordpress.com)
- Four of a Thousand Impossibilities (ramblingsofjen.wordpress.com)
- Impossible? No. Improbable? Maybe. (sortaginger.com)
- Not possible, or is it? (spunkywayfarer.wordpress.com)
- daily post : impossibility (kalabalu.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – Impossible (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
- Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast. (zenscribbles.wordpress.com)