Wow, that was quick! It’s my first time participating in Camp NaNo WriMo in April. I’m excited. I tried to participate in November but our internet went Kaput, then the computer died and my son was using my laptop for school (because his went kaput, something about replacing the board). So now that the internet issue is fixed, and my desktop is fixed, I’m on my way. This time I will succeed. I will finish my goal of 30,000 words for the month of April.
I’ve already got my index cards ready. I’ve put a few on the cork board I’ve got above my monitor, and I have more cards I’m working on for plot, theme, scenes, etc. I’m in the process of making my outline now. Usually I’m a wing it kind of writer. I don’t usually do the outline thing, but I thought I might want to get better organized and so some much needed research. I’ve attempted a novel several times (way too many times to count) but this time around I have the support (Mr. Rockstar backs me in my creative endeavors 100%) He read a rough draft of my first 25 pages to make sure I was on the right track with the character and he loved it. He’d read the first 20 pages of the previous attempt, which just wasn’t cutting it for me. The character and plot were missing something huge and it just wasn’t IT for me. So I kept the first name of the character and started all over. And that’s the key, I think. Finding your character. Figuring out what he or she would do, does do, is about, likes and dislikes…I’ve been searching for the character not just a plot, and I’ve finally found her. Now it’s time to figure out what makes her tick.
To me writing is cathartic. I have always read books or written, or taken pictures or sketched/drawn. I’m not much of a painter unless it’s walls or furniture. I love any all things creative though. And my husband loves that about me and supports me completely. I’ve never felt so supported and it has actually opened the door of my creativity wider, allowing me to make scrapbooks, to art journal, to take better photos (thanks to last year’s birthday present from Mr. Rockstar) and to write with more depth.
So I’m looking forward to April’s Camp NaNoWriMo with enthusiasm. I’m just so excited! I’ve even re-organized my desk so that I’m ready to write.
- NaNoWriMo in April? That’s News to Me! (lindathorlakson.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo: Yeah, I Need A Better Plan (creativemysteries.net)
- NaNoWriMo Camp & Scrivener (everythingscrivener.wordpress.com)
- Preparing For Camp NaNoWrimo April 2013 (tamararokicki.wordpress.com)
- Getting All Our Ducks in a Row for Camp NaNoWriMo (lindathorlakson.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNo, starting soon (petedenton.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMOHHHHHHH (uncombedcats.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo – April 2013 (beyondbeautytips.wordpress.com)
- Gearing up for Camp NaNoWriMo (judylesko.com)
- Packing for Camp NaNoWriMo (ellenvgregory.com)