Welcome to South Carolina. Here’s a brief tour of some of my favorite places in South Carolina. As a native of Charleston, and now a resident of Sumter County, I have to say that there are some absolutely beautiful spots in South Carolina. Unfortunately, I’ve never lived in the upstate, so this is all from the low country or the midlands. So here we go:
Charleston, SC is a mecca of tourism spots. I could tell you about all the places that are listed on the tourist websites or the brochures, but the locals idea of the best spots is probably a lot different than those websites or that brochure. For example, while my husband and I were on our honeymoon I took him to some of the more quiet spots in Charleston, and showed him some of the spots that are considered “touristy” places but at non-touristy times. First stop a view of down town Charleston:
Now, a view of the Market, which is one spot that doesn’t matter if you’re a tourist or a local.
Or maybe you’d like to see a view of Folly Beach from Folly Road…
Or maybe a picture of the Customs House at night that I took while we were on our honeymoon
Truth is, there’s so much more to South Carolina than Charleston. (I know Charleston’s my home town, and it is absolutely gorgeous, but there’s a lot more to see). So let’s take a stop in Summerville, SC.
And then we’ll head get off I-26 and head North on I-95 towards Santee, and then Sumter. So let’s start with a picture of Santee, SC.
And now we’re in Sumter, home of Shaw AFB and
Swan Lake Iris Gardens
So now that I’ve given you just a taste of some of South Carolina’s flavors you should know before you visit the South:
Thanks to the Daily Prompt Local Flavors Write a piece about a typically “local” experience from where you come from as though it’s an entry in a travel guide.
- Flavors to Choose From… (charmingsouth.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Local Flavor: Welcome To Tennessee (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- 23:3 Daily Prompt: Local Flavor (familyphotosfoodcraft.com)
- Daily Prompt: Local Flavor – A Visit to Prince Edward Island (lindahicken65.wordpress.com)
- Austin Local Flavor – Tourist Guide-Daily Prompt (waywardspirit.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Local Flavor: City of History and Historic Buildings (kimcorsoro.com)
- Daily Prompt: Local Flavor (daddysnaughtylittlegirl.wordpress.com)