Good Morning Readers. I woke up this morning, after about 5 hours of sleep ready to make coffee and begin writing. I’d made it to my word count goal of 6000 words last night at 11:45 PM. Just in time :D. I was so excited. The key to my word count is that I started Camp with about 2000 words because of great notes, my prologue and the first few pages of the chapter one. My current word count is a little over 7300. I’m trying to complete Chapter 2 and its already longer than I expected. Guess being a wordy person helps :D.
I’m excited about the whole thing. Participating in Camp NaNoWriMo is fun, interesting, and motivating. It’s doing exactly what I hoped it would do–help me get the ball rolling in regard to my novel. Even if the novel sucks and I have to edit a whole lot of it I will be glad that I’ve completed it at least, and I’ll just participate in July’s or August’s camp to revise it or write a whole new novel.
I know, I know. I’m such a nerd. It’s okay, really. I don’t mind being a nerd. I’ve always been a bit of a nerd why should that change now? I’ll nerd my way right into having a book published one day (now that is definitely on my bucket list).
So now I’ve been researching a few things, because there are a number of things that need to happen in my novel and I know just enough to get me into trouble but not enough to sound professional, and I’ve been reading Scrivener for Dummies so I can learn more about it and operate it with better efficiency. And, well to be honest, it’s time for a nap or a Starbucks white chocolate DoubleShot Energy drink. Woo Hoo! Caffeine!
Not sure of which one I’ll be doing yet. I’m really wishing that more people in my cabin would post their word count–only one person other than me has done so. If no one else does so by tonight I’m finding a new cabin.
- Camp NaNoWriMo: Hit the Ground Running (scribblesandwhispers.wordpress.com)
- Early Start For Camp NaNoWriMo (creativemysteries.net)
- Camp NaNoWriMo-No Fooling (theindieexchange.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo! (cjrwriting.wordpress.com)
- And now … to cheat blatantly at Camp NaNoWriMo … (michelleproulx.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo! (leajurock.wordpress.com)
- God help me, I didn’t learn my lesson. (jayeedgecliff.wordpress.com)
- Going to Camp For Thirty Days (apprenticenevermaster.wordpress.com)
- First Day of Camp: progress (saphirdrachen.wordpress.com)