So today is day 8 of 30 days of novel writing with Camp NaNoWriMo. Over the weekend I slacked a little but since I was ahead it wasn’t that big of a deal. I needed some In Real Life (IRL) time. I found myself refreshed. I was up till the wee hours of the morning this morning so when I finally fell asleep I crashed!
I moved my goal from 30,000 to 50,000 which changed my stats somewhat. Here’s what they are as of 30 minutes before midnight on Day 8:
Average Words Per Day 1,667
Your Average Per Day 1,964
Words Written Today 1,333 Target Word Count 50,000
Total Words Written 15,715
Words Remaining 34,285
Days Remaining 23
At This Rate You Will Finish On April 26, 2013
Words Per Day To Finish On Time 1,491
The book “Ready. Set. Novel!” came in today. 😀 YAY! I’m so excited. It’s a workbook but I don’t want to write in it, but I think I’m going to. I’ll order another one for the Camp in July and then for NaNo in November. So now it’s time to go get a glass of wine and sip on it while I write for 30 more minutes.
I’m ready to write. (Only by the time midnight rolled around I wasn’t finished with the post.)
I actually managed to post a Daily Prompt today. YAY for me! I really do miss it. And I miss the photo challenges as well. I feel like I should apologize for not having regular posts.
So I need to clean off the desk already…I have books stacked on the side of my desk. I was doing some research on dialogue (chose some of your favorite books and take a look at the dialogue, characters, scenes with dialogue etc…) Now I need to put the books back up.
The list of books (not in any order):
- Stephen King’s “On Writing”
- Pittacus Lore: I AM Number Four
- Sherrilyn Kenyon‘s “Bad Moon Rising“
- Stephen King’s “The Dead Zone“; “Carrie,” “Salem’s Lot,” and “The Shining“
- A Thesaurus
- The Everything Creative Writing Book
And Ready! Set! Novel!. as well as few books that are in the drawer of my desk so that the pile on my desk wouldn’t turn into the leaning tower of Pisa. So that’s it for now. I’m going to finish my third glass of wine, watch a little Supernatural, and call it a night. Back at in the morning 😀
- Day 25 Someone who fascinates me… (thelissachronicles.wordpress.com)
- Using Dialogue More Effectively (wilsonkhoo.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 6 & 7# – One Week in & 8 Days Behind!? (awritersfountain.wordpress.com)
- NaNo day 8 (ramanda429.wordpress.com)
- Naflafiwrimo Day 8 (lemonmachine.wordpress.com)
- Day 8 (slackermodenation.wordpress.com)