I am the recipient of 2 awards within a 24 hour period of time. WOW! I feel so horribly guilty though–I’ve been busy writing my novel for Camp NaNoWriMo and have let my blog slide just a little this month. I’ve only participated in a few of the Daily Posts and one of the Photo Challenges. I’ve added updates almost every other day, on occasion consecutive days in a row, about my word count and writing. So I’m not so sure I deserve these awards but I am ever so grateful and appreciative that you think I do. 😀
So here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger award…I’m going in order of receiving the awards:
http://familyeverything.wordpress.com/ nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award (see post here: http://familyeverything.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/winning-the-versatile-blogger-award/comment-page-1/#comment-53) I’m not sure of what to say except that I greatly appreciate it. I started the blog when I was planning my wedding and it turned into so much more than I ever imagined, so winning the Versatile Blogger Award (I think this is my 4th one) means so much to me because that’s my whole goal–to have a blog that is versatile, that appeals to various readers. Sometimes I write about the pain that overwhelms me (I’m pretty much in chronic pain due to uterine fibroids), other times I write about date night or relationships or family or my grandson, and I also write about writing, as well as participate in the Daily Post Challenge. There are so many of you who are also suffering with chronic pain and it’s such an inspiration when you find a blog that speaks to you as “familyeverything” has spoken to me. (Please make sure you check out the blog!)
Here’s the rules for those that I nominate:
-Thank the person who gave you this award. (This would be considered the right thing to do, as well as common courtesy.)
-Include a link to their blog. Sharing the love and the appreciation is also common courtesy.
-Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers (preferably one’s you follow and really enjoy, that inspire, motivate…)
-Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/
-Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I LOVE COFFEE! (I’m not sure of how many times I’ve said this when I’m asked to list things about myself, but it hasn’t changed, and will not change. As I type this I am drinking a cold Starbuck’s Mocha DoubleShot Energy drink). I like hot coffee (with creamer (preferably half&half, and sweetener–I’ve just switched from Splenda to an all natural sweetener), as well as the cold Starbuck’s or Java Monster’s. I drink coffee in the morning when I wake up, during the day, and in the evenings–I do drink water, orange juice, and sweetened iced tea in between. (My new favorite coffee is Gevalia.
- I am participating in Camp NaNoWriMo right now. It’s my first time actively participating. I signed up last November but my computer went KAPUT one week into it and it took 3 weeks to get the damn things fixed. Big Fail in November. (But I’m a little ahead right now so it is looking like, barring any kind of catastrophe, I ‘l WIN this session.)
- I’m half planner, half pantser, which means I make a basic outline out of index cards (I use white ones for that), and I make character bios (colored index cards). Then I run with it. I’m OCD about certain things but not other things.
- I don’t work, thanks to having uterine fibroids. I need a hysterectomy but we don’t have insurance so…I have slowly but surely been changing my eating habits, and I’m now exercising again (though it’s not easy when you’re in chronic pain) to try alleviate some of the pain and symptoms. I walk 1 mile every other day, which gets me out of the house, plus I get fresh air and sunshine and vitamin D.
- I consider myself to be a writer and a photographer, though I do not get paid for either one. It’s part of who, what, and how I am. As soon as we can afford it I’ll be going to photography school. Gotta love changing careers mid life but I believe that you should love what you do. I worked at jobs that I disliked to support my children–I was a single parent and I stayed in the finance/banking/accounting arena for as long as I did not because I liked it but because I was good at it and it paid the bills. Truth is, I hated it. I ended up with ulcers, stress induced anxiety attacks, and bouts of depression because of it. This go round, now that I have the chance to pursue my dreams and have a career in something I love I’m taking that chance.
- I am watching my husband, whom I call Mr. Rockstar, sleep as I write this. We moved my desk out of the dining room and into our bedroom so I would have more privacy when I write, and so that we actually spent more time in the same room (he goes to sleep much earlier than I do and he’d rather I were in the room writing than in a different room away from him. I think the click click click of the keyboard helps him go to sleep). Good news is, I now have my dining room back–we’ve even put our table and stools back in there. 😀
- I am a big fan of the television show Supernatural. So much so that I would love to get the books. I have seasons 1, 3, 4, and 5 on DVD. I need to get the other seasons. I have a birthday coming up in July…Hmmm. Think I might put that on my wish list. 😀
Now the 15 blogs I am nominating
Check them out! And happy blogging! 😀